Monday, May 11, 2009

Quilting: My Passion!

About fifteen years ago I discovered that I love to make quilts and I haven't looked back. My dearest friend guided me through the planning and creating of my first quilt, "A Forest of Pines." It was a big challenge for me but I finished it and it now hangs in our home. It's far from perfect. I guess that's why I placed it high on a wall where you can't see that the points don't match and the hand quilted stitches are big and irregular. But, from a distance, it looks pretty darn good for a first attempt. I belong to several quilt groups; I've taken classes, read dozens of quilting books and made many more quilts since the first one. But, "A Forest of Pines" holds a special place in my heart. I have a perfect view of it from my loft (Aspen Loft Studio) where I'm inspired to keep making quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment