Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Blessings

I've just returned from staying with three of my darling grandchildren for a week while my daughter and her husband took a trip together. What a joy it was being part of their everyday lives. They are 12, 10 and 7 ... busy with school, friends, sports, music lessons, and more. My son and his wife have three children too (7, 5 and 2) and, joy of joys, these two families live only ten minutes apart. My husband and I live 500 miles from them and when I haven't seen them for awhile, I'm crazy with longing for all of them. That's why I drive or fly to see them as often as I can. I love my life here in the mountains but I'm too far away from my children and grandchildren. What a dilemma! However, I'm grateful for good highways, a reliable car, and direct flights. Most of all, on this Mother's Day, I feel blessed with a wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment