Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What I Need is a Nickle Nackle Tree

The bluebirds have been in town for several weeks and a pair is nesting in our bird house. The broad-tailed hummingbirds have recently started returning and my feeders are out, attracting a few every day. By mid-summer they will be swarming the feeders and I'll have to refill them with sugar water once a day or more. The "regulars" have been here all winter (pygmy nuthatches, finches, woodpeckers, magpies and chickadees.)

I love our regular birds but wouldn't it be wonderful to see a new bird like this! I guess I'll have to plant a Nickle Nackle Tree. It's hard for me to resist buying children's books so I don't even try. This is one I bought in New Zealand last winter to add to my collection. The illustrations and text are quirky and silly, just the thing to capture the interest of toddlers and their grandmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment