Sunday, December 14, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

These vintage glass ornaments were on our
Christmas trees when I was a child.

Here it is ... a lovely snowy day and I've finally found the time and energy to decorate the house for Christmas. Most of our ornaments and decorations have been in our family for a long time and it's a delight to take them down from the attic, unwrap them and reminisce. It's also a lot of work but I'm making good progress.
Our children and their families (all ten of them) will be here for a few days during Christmas. Wayne and I are excited and looking forward to all of us being together. I'll start today making and freezing a few meals. I also have Christmas Crackers to assemble, cards to send, and the house to clean. I had planned to be farther along with preparations but getting Mom through her recent surgery then coming down with a virus that kept me down for a few days have left me a wee bit behind. My biggest challenge was buying and wrapping gifts. Thanks goodness that's done.

The little wind-up train that belonged to Wayne as a child
always has a place under our tree.

My Dickens Christmas village 

These wee Danish "nisse" are a part of Wayne's family tradition.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful! Old ornaments for Christmas trees, so many memories !!!

    ReplyDelete