Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Estes Park Style

Little hummer hunkered down on the feeder on Mother's Day

Mother Nature decided we needed some snow on Mother's Day and not just a wee bit of snow. It's hard to determine the exact total but our driveway has between 2.5 and 3 FEET and it's still coming down. The trees and bushes are heavily laden. The elk, deer, and birds are bewildered and struggling to find food. Three hummingbirds camped out on our feeders all day yesterday. I brushed the snow off the feeders every couple of hours. They are back this morning - I wonder where they spent the night.

Wayne searching in vain for a newspaper

We were able to get out in our Explorer to take Mom for a delicious Mother's Day buffet at The Other Side Restaurant. After eating we stopped to see the great horned owl family nesting on the cliff above the library parking lot. I talked to my children and grandchildren - it was a lovely day.

Wayne and I with Mom for a Mother's Day buffet

The scene from our front porch this morning

As I type this I'm happy to report a few shadows and the attempted appearance of the sun. 

1 comment:

  1. The scene from your porch is lovely. (It must be good as long as you don't have to go out)

    ReplyDelete