Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Opening Duck Central


Duck Central (command center for the Estes Park Duck Race) opened yesterday at a new (for us) location in Stanley Village. This photo shows our mascot Quiltin' along with other members of the core committee. We had a few people drop off sold adoption forms and I entered my first batch into the computer. I'll be spending a lot of time there between now and May 3, 2014 - DUCK RACE DAY. Sixty-two worthy charitable organizations will be the beneficiaries of the proceeds from the duck adoptions their members are busily selling. This year you can adopt a duck online at:  http://www.epduckrace.org/   Click on "Adopt Ducks" on the left side of the page. Click here to see our Facebook page.

These are the large corporate ducks, not to be confused
with the smaller "racing ducks."

Each dot on the map represents a town where one or more residents
have purchased a racing duck.

This is my little corner of Duck Central where I enter
duck adoption data. I have my computer, padded
 foot stool, phone, bottle of tea and a comfy chair.

1 comment:

  1. I see that DUCK RACE DAY becomes a true celebration. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete