Friday, January 3, 2014

Lunch at the Wistle Stop


Berthoud, Colorado is a quaint little town about forty miles from Estes Park. Two quilting friends and I drove there today for lunch and a 30% off sale at the local quilt shop, Laughing Ladies Quilt Shop. Our lunch stop was The Whistle Stop Tavern in downtown Berthoud just across the road from the train tracks. In addition to our delicious food, we were treated to the sights and sounds of a couple of trains going by.

We bought several cuts of fabric for Trail Ridge Quilters and I bought some spools of my favorite thread for myself. It's been awhile since I've worked in the loft and I'm eager to get back to some sewing and quilting.

view through the window

big orange engine

P.S. You might notice I've given my blog a new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment