Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Quilt Project

A rare quiet moment has occurred so I'll fire up my computer for a brief post. We are "kid sitting" (they definitely aren't babies anymore) for three of our grandchildren in Nebraska since Thursday morning, February 17. It's been a whirlwind of activities including volleyball, play rehearsal, basketball, a movie, sleep-over, dinner out, etc. In addition to the children there is the new puppy who loves to chew almost anything within reach and isn't fully house trained yet. She is adorable and her favorite playtime activities include fetch, tug-o-war, and "kill the teddy bear." Spending these few days with Bailey has reminded me that I love puppies but don't want to own one.

I took a wee break from my duties yesterday to visit the closest quilt shop, The Quilted Moose, which happens to be one I like a lot. I was lucky to find several books and fabric I had to have. I even joined a block of the month club and got kits and directions for the first three blocks. The finished quilt is called The Night Before Christmas by Bunny Hill Designs. It will give me a perfect opportunity to perfect my hand applique.

Our daughter and her husband will be home late Monday night. We'll go visit my mother-in-law on Tuesday and go home on Wednesday. Then it will be full speed ahead with completing my mom's move. I think I may be able to rest after that is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment