Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day


The Memorial Day week-end is the start of our tourist season in Estes Park. For the locals, that means doing grocery shopping and other errands very early before the parking lots and shops are crowded. The flowering trees are in bloom, even in the parking lot of our supermarket. I was there before 7 a.m. to buy food for our "at home cook-out" later today. Mom will be joining us. We'll have steak (veggie burger for me), grilled vegetables, deviled eggs, coleslaw, fruit, pickles, and chips. I popped into the new bakery, Aisle 2, while I was out and bought two loaves of bread and a small bag of macadamia nut/white chocolate cookies. We'll have those and berry sherbet for dessert - yum!

The weather is beautifully sunny with a hint of a breeze...just enough to ruffle the flag on our porch. Between kitchen chores, I'll be working on a small quilt I'm making for our nephew's baby girl due in August. It's very simple but the fabric is sweet and adorable. I also plan to spend some time on the porch with my book and tea - a perfect combination!

1 comment: