Thursday, April 15, 2010

High Peak Camp

Late this afternoon Wayne and I drove out to High Peak Camp, a few miles south of Estes Park, where he had a meeting prior to dinner with a lovely group of people. I took a book, my knitting and my camera to keep me occupied while he was in the meeting. High Peak Camp, owned by the Salvation Army, is in a beautiful location at over 9000 ft. elevation with gorgeous views in every direction. Wayne is treasurer of the local SA extension unit which is an all volunteer group that helps people in need in the Estes Valley. One of the many things they do every year is to send twenty local children to camp for a week where they always have a wonderful experience. What I like most about the local SA is that virtually 100% of the money donated to them is used for individuals and families right here in our community. I took these photos this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post! I like this blu sky on your photos.

    ReplyDelete