Friday, January 29, 2010

What I'm Reading


At the moment I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver, with Steven L. Hopp and Camille Kingsolver. Kingsolver is one of my favorite authors and this is a departure from her other books I've read (all fiction.) In this book she touts the virtues of eating home-grown and locally grown food. In my little mountain town, growing my own food is virtually out of the question but not too many miles away, just east of the Front Range, are lots of small farms that grow wonderful produce. Estes Park does have a thriving Farmers' Market once a week during the summer and our one local supermarket carries Colorado grown produce from time to time. I've just started the book but it contains much "food for thought."

No comments:

Post a Comment