Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Quilting Projects

We drove home yesterday and it's good to be back in the mountains. We stopped in Grand Island, Nebraska so I could take a quick walk through Material Girl Fabrics. It's one of my favorite quilt shops and, fortunately, there's a bagel shop close by for my husband.

I'm eager to start on a couple of new projects: personalized Christmas stockings for Trail Ridge Quilters and a table quilt with fabric I purchased at Prairie Star Quilts in Elk Horn, Iowa. I love the excitement of beginning a new project. This is the fabric for the table quilt - isn't it gorgeous! The colors are perfect for our house. I will use the floral for the center and make wide borders with the stripes. I plan to hand quilt around the motifs in the floral fabric. I haven't yet decided how I'll quilt the borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment