Friday, April 1, 2022

For the Love of Nature

Before I learned to quilt, I fell in love with counted-cross-stitch. I especially loved stitching on linen using Danish patterns and Danish Flower Thread, some purchased during a trip to Denmark. I have a large stash of patterns and floss, and during our COVID sequestration, I spent hours looking through and sorting them. 

The task of turning linen and floss into beautiful or whimsical images is calming and stress-reducing for me. I recently started a sampler on linen using DMC floss, most of which I already had on hand. For the Love of Nature, by Teresa Kogut, is stitched on 32 count linen. Since my eyes are not as good as they were years ago, I find I need a magnifier and headlamp.

I'll post photos of my counted-cross-stitch tools and the progress I'm making in a few days.



1 comment:

  1. I wish you pleasure in what you do! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete