Saturday, February 24, 2018

Miscellany

The sun is shining, but fierce winds urge me to stay inside. Great plumes of snow are blowing off the trees and I hear a constant windy moan. Fortunately, I can stay inside with plenty to do.

I sent off happy birthday messages to our oldest grandchild who is 21 today. His grandpa and I will call him later. Our daughter posted this photo on her Facebook page. I wish I could be there for the celebration.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing

***************

Cheese popcorn (actually, any popcorn) is my favorite snack. I especially like G. H. Cretors brand but cannot get it locally here in Estes Park. So ... I ordered a case of twelve bags which arrived last week. BIG mistake! Those cheesy puffs are calling to me, and if I open a bag, I can't stop until I've eaten the entire thing. I'll have to ask Wayne to hide them.

YUM!

***************

Several Estes Valley Quilt Guild members spent a delightful day of sewing and quilting at our Estes Valley Library on Thursday. The library has recently opened a second-floor room called Makerspace which is large enough for ten or twelve quilters. Plenty of tables and chairs and lots of light make it a perfect place to meet. We each brought our own sewing/quilting supplies, snacks, lunch, and beverages.

Image may contain: 3 people, people sitting, people eating and indoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and table
Here I am cutting out 1.5 in. squares (about 600) to use in a new quilt project. And, that's just
a fraction of the total number of pieces I'll need to complete it. I may have lost my mind.
I'll write another post when I'm farther along with this design.,

Image may contain: one or more people

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful concern you have! Your club is great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete