Sunday, January 17, 2016

Planning My Quilt Guild's Retreat



Estes Valley Quilt Guild, has a four day retreat every year at the YMCA of the Rockies, a perfect venue. I'm chair of the retreat this year. I knew it would be a lot of work and take a lot of time and it has, with more to accomplish before the February 25 - 28 event, but I'm enjoying it and I have a good committee.

Forty to fifty guild members will participate and it promises to be educational and fun for all. Our theme is a simple one, "Just Sew!" In addition to a large sewing space with room for everyone and her equipment (quilt makers need lots of fabric and tools) we will have classes, massages, snacks, meals, games, gifts and plenty of time to "just sew!"

Most of us have reserved sleeping rooms at the Y's Emerald Mountain Lodge where our retreat activities will take place. We also have a few Day Trippers.



Emerald Mountain Lodge
I've spent several hours on my computer today designing our day by day retreat schedule. It's not complete but at least I've made a start. Tomorrow I plan to work on some small gifts I'm making for the participants.


No comments:

Post a Comment