Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday with Friends

Dale Chihuly

Dale Chihuly

We've spent a lovely day with friends in Fort Collins having lunch at Austin's Grille before attending the Chihuly exhibit at the Fort Collins Museum of Art. Since seeing some of Dale Chihuly's work in Florida I was eager to see this exhibit before it left next week. We enjoyed seeing his art deco Venetian inspired pieces - both drawings and glass. We also spent time in the 2nd floor gallery where we saw the pieces pictured. (No photos were allowed in the main Chihuly exhibit.)

This charming glass piece is entitled
"Red Dog Chasing His Tail"

I had a few minutes to pop into Mama Said Sew (a unique little quilt shop) and bought a yard of adorable Richard Scarry fabric with scenes from his book Busy, Busy Town. My children loved his books when they were little. I still have several of them which I'll pass along to my grandchildren. From the fabric, I'll sew a book bag. I'm eager to get started on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment