Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year (a bit late)

This is the flaming sunrise we saw on the last morning of 2011. I was glad to get a couple of photos before it faded.

The last of our holiday company (our daughter, her husband, three children, and dog) has gone home and I'm enjoying a bit of quiet before getting the house back in order and doing heaps of laundry - sheets and towels, mostly. We've had company since Christmas Day, sometimes as many as ten extra people and a dog staying here. It was both fun and exhausting with a lot of good memories stored up.

I'm looking forward to getting back to quilt making in my studio. Wayne bought me a "Vanishing Quilt Design Wall" for my birthday and he hopes to get it mounted over the week-end.

I borrowed some books from our local library yesterday and started reading The Blood of Flowers: A Novel by Anita Amirrezvani. It takes place in 17th-century Persia.

No comments:

Post a Comment