Thursday, December 15, 2011

Waiting for Christmas


In years gone by, Christmas was a stressful time for me. Several years ago I read a book which helped me change my perspective and now I look forward to the winter holidays with enthusiasm. For me, Christmas is not one day but a whole season to be savored and enjoyed. We've already begun our Christmas with a visit to the mid-west to see our son and daughter, their spouses, and our six lovable grandchildren as well as my mother-in-law, in an Iowa nursing home, and my husband's sister and her family. We had a lovely party at the nursing home, visited with old friends, and enjoyed activities with the kids. We stayed at our son's house and woke up Saturday morning to the gorgeous frosted trees in their yard that you see above.

No comments:

Post a Comment