Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bighorn Sheep on Parade

Bighorn Sheep on Parade

The last few weeks have been stressful for Mom (and me) because of her health problems and the difficult decision (for her, not for me) to move her from her condo into a senior living apartment. The facility, which also contains an assisted living wing, is beautiful and just a few minutes from our house. We've spent the last couple of weeks packing and moving things from her condo to the apartment which, having just been painted and cleaned, is ready for occupancy.

Today, a beautiful, sunny, windless day, we all needed a "mental health break" so took a drive into Rocky Mountain National Park -a perfect little diversion. Before we even got to the entrance we and several other cars full of sightseers had to stop for a "bighorn sheep jam." A herd was on parade up the road in no particular hurry and I took a couple of photos from inside the car. We drove the loop with a detour up to the Alluvial Fan. I took a few more photos of the gorgeous winter scenery.





1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your mom, but I think it is better now ... You have some beautiful photos always. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete